Applying for Opportunity Zone Financing
There are many complex rules that must be followed in order to qualify for and maintain opportunity zone financings.
Our legal and accounting backgrounds as well as significant experience in community and economic development enables us to strategically underwrite, structure and close these complex financings on behalf of our clients.
Generally, all of our fees are contingent upon the funding of opportunity zone financing.
If you believe that you have a project that could qualify for opportunity zone financing, please complete our Initial Intake Form.
Upon engagement, we will provide:
- our Opportunity Zone Financing Intake Form;
- flowcharts illustrating the structures of the financing based on available, prospective and alternative sources of the capital stack;
- a budget (including supporting assumptions and calculations) projecting sources and uses of funds during the 10-year Compliance Period and thereafter;
- our strategy to secure all opportunity zone financing participants; and
- a proposed timeline through targeted closing date of the opportunity zone financing.
During our engagement, depending on our client’s role in the opportunity zone financing, we will:
- draft the organizational documents of the Qualified Opportunity Zone Fund;
- qualify the Qualified Opportunity Zone Fund;
- draft a detailed executive summary of the project and/or operations of the project or business, as applicable;
- identify, profile and target opportunity zone financing participants;
- complete all investor intake forms;
- assemble due diligence materials and create a dropbox;
- identify and secure other sources of financing (including traditional financing, state opportunity zone financing, new markets tax credit financing, historic tax credit financing, low-income housing tax credit financing, and other types of community and economic development programs, such those provided by the USDA Programs and the CDFI Programs);
- negotiate term sheets;
- structure the overall financing;
- collect due diligence materials and create a drop box;
- manage the closing and funding;
- provide ongoing asset management, compliance and reporting services; and
- provide such other services as set forth in our Consulting Agreement.